If you follow my Instagram, you’ll know that I go through these phases of attempting detoxes of various kinds. I’ve tried the juice cleanse (gross), made the Master cleanse drink (fail) and have realized that what my body prefers is just good ole’ clean eating.
So, after feasting for all of the birthday and holiday celebrations over the past month, it’s about time for serious clean eating. The wedding countdown has also begun which means… need to tone up ASAP.
With that said, I’ll share a few of my “clean eats” recipes over the next few days in case you’re looking to join me 🙂
First up, is the dinner I go to most: Salmon & Broccoli. Both of these items are great for nutrition and are also quite filling. Salmon is full of good omega-3 fatty acids, a good source of vitamin D, and also happens to be my favorite fish. Broccoli is a great detox vegetable and also provides vitamin B and fiber.
The best part about this healthy meal? You can whip up it up in about 20mins! I get my salmon from Whole Foods because I can most definitely tell the difference in quality compared to other stores, and because they sell a 6oz portion for $6.
Salmon & Broccoli
- 2 salmon portions
- 1T mayo
- 1T harissa paste (mine is from Trader Joe’s)
- broccoli (about 2 heads or enough for two people)
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 420F
- Cut broccoli into pieces and place on baking sheet
- Drizzle enough olive oil on broccoli and toss to coat
- Season the broccoli with salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes
- Place in oven for 8 to start baking while you prepare the salmon
- For the salmon, season with a little salt & pepper
- Prepare the marinade/topping by mixing the mayo, harissa paste and a squeeze of lemon (add more or less harissa depending on your taste)
- Spoon the mixture over the salmon fillets and set aside
- Once the broccoli has been in for about 8ish minutes, flip the pieces on the baking sheet and add your salmon to the sheet
- Bake both for another 8-10mins, or until the broccoli is nice and crispy, and the salmon is cooked to your liking
- Before serving, quickly put the salmon under a broiler to get the harissa marinade bubbly and hot
And that’s it! You can enjoy this as is, or serve it with a side of brown rice. This meal is filling, delicious and nutritious!